Curve Digital and Muse Games have announced that Embr will be releasing on September 23rd for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. You’ll also be able to play on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, though there’s no native next-gen version, at least not yet.
Embr started its life up in the cloud as a Google Stadia exclusive, but it has since been in early access on PC, and now it’s readying up for a full release on consoles, too.
Embr is a first-person multiplayer game where you and your mates work together to fight fires, save lives, and save money. It’s not a realistic sim, mind you – it’s a comical tongue-in-cheek co-op chaos game, and it’s good fun, too, from what I’ve played on Stadia.
While multiplayer is a big focus of the game, you can totally go it alone and hog all that glory for yourself if you want to – the game is playable in single-player from start to finish and it doesn’t suffer for it.
“If anyone is expecting Embr to be a realistic depiction of an average day in the life of a firefighter, then they’re in for a big surprise,” says Howard Tsao, Team Lead at Muse Games. “Embr is the ultimate have-a-go-hero adventure, where everyone from the paper boy to the Gran who lives at the end of your street could fill their day by coming to save you from a blaze in your house – even if that means throwing you out the window in the process. In Embr, the ends justify the utterly manic means.”
Players can expect a lot of post-release support for Embr, including:
- 2 brand new expansive districts to explore housing 12 new hand-crafted levels.
- 13 new tools and upgrades to customise your firefighting experience.
- 5 brand new game modes to earn extra money your way.
- Daily and weekly missions for extensive replayability.
- Cross-platform play across PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Stadia.
- Extra difficulty settings and level mutators to keep things rolling.
- Tons of additional wearables, vehicle cosmetics, UI overhaul, achievements, and more.
Embr releases on September 23rd, 2021 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch for the budget-friendly price of £17.99/€19.99/$19.99.