Do you know what I miss more than anything these days? Big games from small studios. They’re usually a little rough around the edges and lack the polish of a AAA release, but they’re also typically quite inventive in what they do.
If you’re a nostalgic old coot like myself, perhaps you should add Everreach: Project Eden to your list of games that you’re interested in. We all have such a list, right?
Elder Games, Everreach: Project Eden’s developer, and Headup, the game’s publisher, have officially revealed the game with a short trailer and a press release packed with information.
According to the press release, Everreach: Project Eden is a fast-paced, story-driven third-person action RPG set on the visually stunning Planet Eden. You’ll be playing as Nora Harwood, a member of Everreach’s Security Division, and she’s on a mission to secure the colonisation process of Eden and the investigate the mysterious incidents surrounding it. You’ll fight enemies on this alien planet, as well as explore the planet’s depths to discover ancient secrets of a long-lost civilisation. You’ll also be upgrading Nora and her skills along the way with a deep levelling and upgrading system. It all sounds quite ambitious, doesn’t it? And it is.
Everreach: Project Eden has been developed by Elder Games which, before creating this game, was just a one-man operation. Now it’s a five-strong team with over a dozen external freelancers. Still, it’s a far cry from the teams of hundreds that typically make up the development team of big blockbusters. Still, I like to root for the little guys, so here’s hoping their work pays off.
Everreach: Project Eden will release on PC and Xbox One this September, and the PS4 version will release later in the year, though no specific date has been mentioned yet.
Up top is the reveal trailer, and down below you’ll find a quick list of the game’s features:
- Play as a highly trained security guard specialized in extraterrestrial missions
- Customize your skills and gear through a classical skill tree with over 80 upgrades
- Engage in tactical battles, deploy force fields or use the environment against your foes
- Immerse yourself in 8 hours of story from Michelle Clough, game writer and former narrative QA for the Mass Effect trilogy
- Explore Eden’s beautiful vistas designed by Mai-Anh Tran, an artists who worked on movies such as WarCraft and Star Trek: Beyond
- Hop onto your hoverbike to engage in high-speed vehicular warfare
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)