Razer, makers of all the gaming peripherals under the sun, have unveiled a trailer today for their upcoming officially licensed PS4 Pro Controller dubbed the Raiju. Get your first look at the pad in the trailer, above, then read on for all the information on the features of the controller.
The new controller from Razer is designed with pro gaming and e-sports in mind. The gripped thumbsticks, customisable buttons, and rear mounted options for the shoulder buttons are all there for comfort, ease, and precision for long or intense gaming sessions. In an article on PlayStation Lifestyle, it was also revealed that the pad will also be compatible with PC, as current Dualshock 4 pads are. The full list of features can be found below:
- 2 shoulder Hyperesponse Multi-Function Bumpers
- 2 removable Hyperesponse Multi-Function Triggers
- 4 Hyperesponse mechanical action buttons
- 4 button Quick Control Panel
- Optional trigger stop switches for rapid-fire
- Optional hair-trigger mode for ultra-fast responses
- 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
- Compatible with PC*
- In-mold rubber grips
- 2 optional analog stick rubber grip caps
- Carrying case
- Detachable 3 m / 10 ft lightweight braided cable with Micro-USB connector*
- Approximate size : 168 mm / 6.62” (Length) x 105 mm / 4.14” (Width) x 65 mm / 2.56” (Height)
- Approximate weight (With cable): 350 g / 0.77 lb
As with most Razer peripherals, you can expect an appropriately heavy price-tag to come along with all that functionality. The Raiju PS4 Pro controller is currently priced at £149.99 and is available to preorder through Razer directly or via UK retailer GAME.
Let us know what you think of Razer’s new controller in the comments below, what games will you be racking up the kills in?