Anyone that watched Harry Potter wanted to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for three main reasons:
1: To be able to cast some magical spells and shout “Expecto patronum!”
2: Have a badass pet like an Owl
3: Jump onto a Broomstick and play some Quidditch
And as much as nothing will fill the void in our hearts of never getting a return letter after applying to Hogwarts, from this point onward it will no longer matter. Heck, even Harry Potter will no longer matter, as Broomstick League will allow us to play out our Quidditch fantasies!
Broomstick League publisher Blue Isle and developers Virtual Basement, Code Headquarters, and Blue Isle Studios have now confirmed that Broomstick League will be heading onto PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game was released in early access on Steam on 5th of March 2020.
In Broomstick League, you’ll hop onto a broomstick, and fly over numerous stadiums in a highly completive and fast-pass game environment. Players will be divided into teams and on the hunt to chase down the ball and score a goal. But of course, it isn’t as simple as that, as you’ll be able to cast spells to make sure you have the upper hand in defending your goal or take possession of the ball from the opposition!
It feels very reminiscent of Rocket League, but instead of a car’s flipping in the air, you’re a wizard flying across the sky!
On the Broomstick League steam page, the game is estimated to be in early access between 9-12 months, this will give them the opportunity to update the game, fix bugs etc. Using this time duration as a premise, seeing a fully launched game onto consoles would at least be 9-12 months at this current moment.
- Fast Paced Matches: Play 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 matches with friends or match-make with opponents from around the world. Form magical teams with your friends to see who will dominate the skies.
- Realistic, Fantastical Gameplay: Pick up speed while dive bombing to fly past a defender. Cast a spell on your opponent to blast the ball away or use the blink spell and teleport to a more favorable position. Surprise your enemies and gain the advantage.
- Character Customization: Personalize the look of your witch or wizard with the deep pool of creative options available; unlock new broomsticks, wands, and much more. Perform a variety of taunts and dance moves to rattle your opponents in the arena.
- Mystical Arenas: Experience high flying sports action within imaginative arenas brimming with magic! Battle it out with giant trolls lurking in the background or score impressive goals while floating on the back of a flying dragon.
- Player Progression and Stats: Track your progress with leader boards, stats tracking and a player leveling system to prove you are the most skillful broomstick pilot in the land.
Are you excited for Broomstick League? Will you be trying the game out in early access on Steam?
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.