God of War will be getting brand new update this month that adds a long-requested feature: New Game+.
Writing over on the official PlayStation Blog, Sony Santa Monica Community Strategist Aaron Kaufman announced that the new update would go live on August 20th and that it would be the biggest God of War update so far.
The new update will bring New Game+ to God of War, though you’ll have to have already beaten the game once on any difficulty setting to use the new game mode.
Here’s what the update brings:
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armours, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customisation options with extremely powerful new armour sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)