GrappleHook Games has announced that it will be releasing Skorecery on PS4 early next month, and what’s more is that it’s the studio’s first professional release.
Skorecery is a mash-up of sorts, taking inspiration from the classics such as Pong and Breakout, and them adding in a touch of arcade fighting. The aim of the game is to beat your opponent by destrying their runes by hitting a ball across the game’s screen. It sounds simple, but there’s the added twist that each player can use spells to help themselves and hinder their opponents, and when all else fails you can kick them in the face. The trailer is up above and there’s some more info courtesy of GrappleHook Games’ press release:
- Friendly and competitive local multiplayer battles with gameplay that takes seconds to learn and countless hours to master
- Fast-paced and tense duels, team skirmishes, and free-for-all matches
- Vast variety of Spells, Modes, and Arena layouts for infinite replayability
- Game-modifying Curses that allow players to change rules of the match, physics, and abilities
- Intricately designed audio dynamics that adjust to match intensity
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)