Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is out today (and it’s brilliant!) on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Stadia, which means many of you will be running around old-timey England in your brand new Viking adventure. You’ll want to see everything that the game has to offer, and that means taking some fantastical trips to mystical worlds.
Bear in mind, from here on out there are some minor spoilers – they don’t ruin the overall plot, and most details are already known anyway, but just in case you’ve hit this article a little too early into your journey, the disclaimer is there for you.
The Asgard quest line is brilliant, but it’s flawed – severely. If you end up in Asgard too underpowered, you’re going to have a really hard time. The recommended power level for Asgard is 90, and that’s worth taking into consideration before you even enter Asgard. If you’re under power level 70, you’ll probably want to leave it alone for a little while. But what if you’re already there, dying over and over again at the hands of the Bifrost soldiers and their elites? You’re S.O.L, I’m afraid, and you’ll need to re-load an earlier save. To avoid the headaches, follow these steps.
How to leave Asgard if you’re underpowered
- If you have entered Asgard under level 70, you need to reload an earlier save.
- Go to the pause menu
- Hit left on the d-pad to enter the main menu
- Go to ‘Load Game’
- Find an auto-save that takes place before you complete the previous Seer mission (collecting the plants)
- Reload that save file and leave Asgard alone until you’re powered up enough
How to leave Asgard if you’re powered up enough
- If you’re at a high enough power level, it’s easy to leave Asgard
- First, complete the opening mission, fighting your way along the light bridge until you reach the end and can close the gate
- Let the cutscenes play (or skip them if you’re impatient)
- Go to the map screen and find the new icon that’s in the top left area of the map screen
- Hold down the X (or A) button to ‘wake up’ and return to England
And that’s how you leave Asgard. If you’re looking for more Assassin’s Creed Valhalla tips and tricks, be sure to check out our quick guide on how to get your adventure going with quick progression and more. If you haven’t already, have a gander at our 9/10 review, too. And, if you’ve found yourself towards the end of the game, stuck trying to figure out how to level up quickly – save yourself precious hours and read this guide, too.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)