Headup Games and Happy Tuesday have announced today the Hero Defense has a new release window. The game will now release on PS4 in Q2 2018, though an exact release date has not yet been finalised. The press release does mention that a release date will be announced “soon”.
You may be wondering what Hero Defense is. We were when the email dropped into our inbox. Thankfully, Headup Games has provided a brief breakdown which you can find down below:
- Kill creeps fast to punish the enemy in an innovative mix of RTS and Tower Defense
- Liberate your island, assemble your team and enjoy hours of a narrated story
- Defeat gigantic bosses which challenge you with their special abilities
- Customize your heroes through a deep RPG layer
- Rebuild your town and unlock new buildings and abilities
- Gain XP to access and level up each hero’s individual skill tree
- Gather loot and equip spells that freeze, burn and poison the undead
- Modify weapons by collecting and socketing powerful runes and customize your builds for devastating combos and skill-synergies
- Replay procedurally generated enemies and endless mode challenges
If you’re a tower defense/RTS fan, this is one to watch. If you happen to be strolling by PAX East in Boston, you can get a look at the game in action by heading over to booth #14129. Not a bad way to kill some time.