Headup Games and Happy Tuesday have announced today the Hero Defense has a new release window. The game will now release on PS4 in Q2 2018, though an exact release date has not yet been finalised. The press release does mention that a release date will be announced “soon”.
You may be wondering what Hero Defense is. We were when the email dropped into our inbox. Thankfully, Headup Games has provided a brief breakdown which you can find down below:
- Kill creeps fast to punish the enemy in an innovative mix of RTS and Tower Defense
- Liberate your island, assemble your team and enjoy hours of a narrated story
- Defeat gigantic bosses which challenge you with their special abilities
- Customize your heroes through a deep RPG layer
- Rebuild your town and unlock new buildings and abilities
- Gain XP to access and level up each hero’s individual skill tree
- Gather loot and equip spells that freeze, burn and poison the undead
- Modify weapons by collecting and socketing powerful runes and customize your builds for devastating combos and skill-synergies
- Replay procedurally generated enemies and endless mode challenges
If you’re a tower defense/RTS fan, this is one to watch. If you happen to be strolling by PAX East in Boston, you can get a look at the game in action by heading over to booth #14129. Not a bad way to kill some time.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)