The Hong Kong Massacre is easily one of my favourite games that I’ve reviewed this year so far, though it’s not an easy game by any means. One of the complaints I had in my review was that it was just so damn hard. The developers have finally released an update today that remedies those complaints and gives us reflex-poor players a fighting chance.
The new update, version 1.03, has gone live in all regions today and it bring’s some welcome options to the gun-fu shooter. You can find the full patch notes down below.
The Hong Kong Massacre PS4 Update Version 1.03 Patch Notes
- Added hard and easy difficulty settings
- Added different leaderboards for different settings
- Added option to see the user rank in leaderboards
- Added option to change the cursor colour
- Added total kills display at level end screen
- Updated achievements so that “Hard Boiled”, “Just Another Day”, “A master at my skill”, “End of the week” and “Done and done!” can only be unlocked on medium difficulty.