If you’re looking for an emotional tale that hits the hard stuff on the nose, Lost at Sea might be a good way to spend a little bit of your summer when it releases in July.
Headup Games and Studio Fizbin have announced today that Lost at Sea will be releasing on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on July 15th, bringing with it some tear-jerking storytelling. Get the tissues ready…
If you want to give the game a go before it releases next month, there is a free demo available via Steam on PC, and it’s playable until June 7th, 2021.
Lost At Sea tells the story of Anna, who, in the later stages of her life, has come to be alone. To live her new future, she will first have to take stock of her past. Construct her memories by finding objects and solving puzzles on a strange island, and face the question we all face eventually: “Did I do it right?”
In Lost At Sea players experience poignant moments in Anna’s life, moments that we can all relate to, moments that make us all wonder how life can suddenly take a hold of us, instead of the other way around.
Set on a mysterious island, where every biome represents a phase of life, you will explore your surroundings and solve riddles to reclaim memories. All the while your fears are chasing you, trying to trap you in your misery and prevent you from moving on. In the end, this is a game about the things you want to remember, the things you wish for and about life as a whole.
- A personal story: Experience moments from someone’s life first-hand and help the main character relive and re-assess them to move on
- Island of the mind: Explore the different phases of life, each of them with their own beautiful biome on the island
- Beautiful memories: Gorgeous illustrations capture the essence of the most important moments in Anna’s life, while elaborate sound design brings her deepest fears to life
- Face your fears: Did I make the right choices? Did I fail my loved ones? As Anna, face all fears head-on, or walk away from them until you’re ready
- Game to remember: Unlock memories with specifically designed minigames and puzzles that capture these memories in unique gameplay