Remember Motorstorm RC that launched on the PS Vita all those years ago? Well we’re getting a similar game in the near future thanks to VooFoo Studios.
The development outfit has announced today that Mantis Burn Racing will be coming to PS4 later this year as a digital download via the PlayStation Network. It’s on sale today via Steam’s Early Access program if you really want to give it a go before then.
The game plays from an overhead perspective in a similar fashion to Motorstorm RC, though the developers assure us it’s got its own thing going on, and to be fair, it does actually look pretty decent.
“We’re delighted to be bringing Mantis Burn Racing to PC and consoles,” said Mark Williams, Technology Director at VooFoo Studios. “The pedigree of our studio and our success has allowed us to create a game we believe will be one of the best looking and most immersive in its genre. We’re really excited to welcome fans into Early Access to gain the feedback which will help us shape the game’s development.”
Here’s a run-down the game’s features and modes, and below you’ll find the announcement trailer.
· Comprehensive Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a compelling career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
· Bumper-to-Bumper Racing – Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town or burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la in high-risk, high-speed but most of all, highly competitive racing.
· Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
· Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks located in 2 distinct environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
· Utterly Believable – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling and dynamic destructible environments where tyres screech and barriers fly.
· Deep Upgrade System – Fine tune your vehicle’s appearance, handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a deep, tactical upgrade system that offers an almost infinite amount of vehicle variations, creating a unique race experience for every player.
· Challenging Game Modes – Master demanding game modes that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
· Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
· Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
· Regular Updates – Regular content updates during Early Access with add-ons planned post full launch, including free and paid content packs.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)