There’s a new update out today for VooFoo Studios’ Mantis Burn Racing on PS4. The latest update, version 1.02, brings a whole host of fixes and improvements to the game.
In a press release received by Pure PlayStation, VooFoo Studios’ Mark Williams, Technology Director, stated the following:
“We’re committed to supporting Mantis Burn Racing long-term and we want to encourage and support the multiplayer community, so we’re really pleased that today’s update brings some notable improvements to the online experience for our players.”
Long-term support? We’ll take that. We actually reviewed Mantis Burn Racing quite favourably when it released not too long ago, so go and give our review a read if you’re still unsure about the game.
Patch 1.02 is available now and will run you around 316MB of hard drive space. Not too big then.
- New ‘Spotlight’ event added – Play single-screen multiplayer in a battle to remain within the spotlight and be the final racer standing!
- AI drivers can now be selected to fill the grid of online races
- Extensive online stability improvements
- Improved online lobby structure to allow players to race against AI while their lobby fills with human opponents
- PlayStation Activity feeds added
- ‘Punching above your weight’, ‘The bigger they are’ and ‘I’ll bring it back without a scratch’ trophies now never blocked from being unlocked
- New ‘Far’ camera option
- Players XP level now displayed in online lobbies
- Gear reward summary now shown post-race
- Online leader board now shown post-race
- Improved car-to-car collision physics
- Mechanic tutorials added for Overtake and Hotlap events as well as x2 upgrades
- Boost colour now shown dynamically in the garage
- Improved vehicle stat bar calculation
- Option to permanently show players online IDs above their vehicle
- Ability to fast switch between career seasons
- Highlighted career events now auto-scroll when joystick held in any direction
- Time bonus for overtaking vehicles in the weekly Overtake challenge
- XP line UI graphic tweaks
- Weekly Challenge distance units now change dynamically with players selection
- Overtake bug fixed that could cause the event to end prematurely
- Improved logic for vehicle overtaking
- Frame rate performance enhancements
- AI tweaks
- Audio tweaks
- General bug fixes and polish
- Fixed an issue where certain trophies would be unlocked at the wrong times
- Fixed a potential crash when changing screen resolution.
- Minor cosmetic bug fixes.
If you’re not a PS4 owner and play Mantis Burn Racing on other platforms (hey, we love other platforms, too!) then you’ll get your update “soon.”
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)