Oh no. We’re about to be a little poorer for our hobby as Sony has announced that the price of PlayStation Plus membership will be increasing in the UK and Europe next month, and not just by a little bit.
Plus members will see a massive 25% price hike for their subscriptions starting next month on August 31st, 2017. Below are the price revisions in all their dirty glory:
- Annually, the price will change from £39.99 to £49.99 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from £14.99 to £19.99 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from £5.99 to £6.99 per month.
In the rest of Europe, the price changes are as follows:
- Annually, the price will change from €49.99 to €59.99 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from €19.99 to €24.99 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from €6.99 to €7.99 per month.
You know what this means, don’t you? It’s time to start stacking up your subscription to save a few quid. Yeah, we can’t see this one going down too well with people, especially when it’s so out of the blue without any sort of justification being presented by Sony.
Will you be re-thinking your PS Plus subscription, or will you just keep on coughing up the dough?
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)