Minecraft update 1.42 is now live, and adds support for the new Fallout Battle Map DLC as well as the usual bug fixes. This comes a day after it was revealed that the title has sold over 122 million copies.
The Fallout Battle Map DLC includes three new battle maps inspired by the Fallout series, and is priced at £1.99 or $2.99 depending on where you lay your head down.
“The worlds of Fallout and Minecraft collide in the all-new Minecraft Fallout Battle Map Pack! Battle on the boardwalks of Libertalia, wreck each other in the ruins of Capitol and survive the onslaught in the General Atomics Galleria. The world may be a wasteland, but war never changes!”
Full Patch Notes:
- Added Fallout Battle Map Pack
- Fix for Player’s character becoming invisible for other players when they ride a Minecart, Boat, Horse, Donkey, Pig or Mule, beyond they viewing player’s render distance.
- Fix for a second Bonus Chests appearing near the centre of the world.
- Fix for not being able to place a Pig in a Mob Spawner using a Spawn Egg.
- Fix for crash that would occur if the player dropped an inventory item at the point a Battle round ended.
- Fix for crash that would occur if the player had the inventory menu open at the point a Battle round ended.
- Fix Player not riding a vehicle when they reload a save, if they were riding it when the game was saved.
- Fix for crash when saving some particularly large and detailed worlds.
- Fix for being able to leave the playable area of the large Cavern Battle Map as a spectator.
- Fix for being able to fall off the Shipyard Battle Map at a certain location without dying.
- Fix for being able to fall in a specific area of Frontier Battle Map without dying.
- Fix for Renewable Energy not unlocking when the requirements were met for the first time.
- Fix for Stone Axe instead of Diamond Sword appearing in the Chest in the Enchanting mini Tutorial area upon restarting this tutorial.
- Change to allow crafting any wooden door to complete the Door crafting step of the Tutorial.
- Fix for ‘Hit’ tooltip not benig displayed when Player targets crosshair at a Polar Bear, a Creeper or a Squid.
- Fix for crash that occured when Shape box is changed a few times in Fireworks UI, after creating 64 Firework Stars.
- Fix for a variety of issues that occurred after changing from an Online to and Offline game.
- Fix for End Crystals’ beam persisting after the Ender Dragon’s respawn is interrupted by destroying the End Crystal with ‘TNT Explodes’ option disabled.
- Fix for error that can occur when dropping items while standing in an active Nether Portal.
- Fix for error when downloading PS3 save. (MCCE-3974) [PS4]
- Fix for crash that can occur while flying around an unexplored world in Creative Mode. [PS3]
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Living life one Batmobile chase at a time. When she’s not writing about video games, she’s writing terrible jokes that even a Christmas cracker would be embarrassed to share.