NACON has announced that it and its partner studios are bringing a new collection of simulator games to players this year and in 2022.
If you like strange simulator games then today’s news is definitely for you. It’s for me, too, because I’m a sucker for any and all oddities. I’ve spent many hours trucking in American Truck Simulator, and even more ferrying people around in Bus Simulator on PS4. Bring them on, I say.
The new batch of simulator games from NACON and its studios will focus on everyday life, with game such as Architect Life, Train Life, Hotel Life, and more. As one can imagine, these games will let players work everyday jobs from the comfort of their homes. Sign me the hell up.
- Read More: Forspoken is Coming to PS5 in 2022
“Having emerged just over 10 years ago, the first-person simulator genre, which requires management and skill, is becoming increasingly popular because it is attracting a growing audience, both on PC and consoles. The language of video games is now well known and enjoyed by a larger number of users. New genres and narratives can emerge that meet the expectations of gamers and new audiences alike. By creating the LIFE series, and partnering with specialist studios and consultants for each profession represented, we hope to offer players new experiences. Using the media tools at our disposal, we can bring to life the daily lives of all the professions we dream about.” said Benoit Clerc, Head of Publishing at NACON.
At the moment, there’s no word on whether these games will find a home on consoles, but given that they’re being published by NACON – a prolific publisher in the console space – it’s likely they’ll end up on PS4 and PS5 at some point in the future. Or at least that’s my hope. I really want to open Casa De Chris in Hotel Life and run it like Basil Fawlty. And I’ll certainly mention the war.
These are the first five games in the LIFE range, coming in 2021 and 2022:
- Train Life – A Railway Simulator (Simteract) – As well as an ultra-realistic train driving experience, for the first time in a railway simulator you also manage the development of your company: hire conductors, buy locomotives, choose contracts to take on and roll out your network across Europe.
- Hotel Life – A Resort Simulator (RingZero Game Studio) – Hotel Life is a hotel simulator that takes you behind the scenes of an idyllic holiday destination. Players manage the day-to-day running of the hotel, increase its reputation and support guests as expertly as possible from check-in to checkout, while ensuring they are kept entertained through a variety of daily activities.
- Chef Life – A Restaurant Simulator (Cyanide Studio) – Chef Life puts you in total control of all aspects of a restaurant. From buying ingredients to plating dishes, you must serve the best food while supervising your teams, designing the decor and managing the service.
- Surgeon Life – A Hospital Simulator (RingZero Game Studio) – Players become managers of a private clinic. In addition to performing surgical procedures, you must also manage the care teams and attract new patients.
- Architect Life – A Building Simulator (SimFabric) – In Architect Life, you work on all stages of the construction and design of your dream home (and those of your clients). This includes drawing up plans, budgeting and hiring labourers, among other tasks. More than a simple design game, you must ensure the smooth running of the site to meet the contractual specifications.