Team17 has announced today, along with Veewo Games, that the fast-paced roguelite shooter Neon Abyss will launch on July 14th for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
To celebrate the release date announcement, we’ve also got a new trailer showing the colourful shooter in action.
A free demo of Neon Abyss is currently available to download on Steam for those looking to get a taste of the action to come. While time-limited, the demo’s duration is dependent on the difficulty level players choose: 15 minutes for those on ‘easy’, 18 minutes on ‘medium’ and 24 minutes of mayhem for those who choose ‘hard’.
- Evolving Dungeon: Explore the unique and expandable underworld of the neon abyss. Choose a personalised upgrade path to expand the dungeon and unlock new rooms, bosses, items, special rules, and new endings.
- Unlimited Item Synergies: Passive effects between items stack and affect each other, with no limit to the number of effects that can be applied to the player’s character.
- Expansive Content: Dynamically generated maps, over 400 items, dozens of monsters with different styles, and countless secrets ensure that no adventure through the abyss is the same.
- Pets Hatching & Evolving: As you descend into the abyss, find and nurture eggs until they hatch into a random pet. Each pet has a special ability and most can evolve as the action continues.
- Mini-games: Unique rooms of mini-games can be discovered in the dungeon, each one with new mechanics and rules. Take part in piano performances, dance competitions, fight clubs, and much more.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)