The arcades used to be the places to be if you were a gamer. The pennies flowed through the machines faster than a bad KFC through my body. These days, the arcades are all but abandoned as home consoles have taken over the gaming space over the last 20 years.
But the arcade genre is not dead, and Super Icon is looking to bring a bit of that sweet arcade experience back to players with its Super Arcade series. The first release in the Super Arcade series is Vektor Wars, a neon soaked first-person shooter set in the year 2024.
The game has you playing as Commander James Moses, a Space Ranger who must destroy the robot death army and save the world with an arsenal of weapons.
According to the press release, Vektor Wars takes inspiration from the best arcade shooters to have ever swallowed pocket-money, including Robotron, Berzerk and Battlezone.
Vektor Wars will bring robot death to PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC later this year. Oddly enough, it looks like Super Icon already released Vektor Wars on a few years ago. Anyway, enjoy the frantic trailer that’s embedded up above.
- Arcade shooter gameplay; where the only things that matter are your game skills and the high-score table!
- Fast-paced first-person combat in a neon-drenched vector world unlike any other
- An armoury of loud and heavy weapons; feel the destruction!
- 9 World Zones to liberate, all with their unique environments and enemies to annihilate
- Extensive Leaderboard support and Trophies
- A wonderful original electronic soundtrack
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)