Ubisoft has announced a new update for their latest brainchild, Far Cry 5, which promises to improve the state of PvP matchmaking. The issue of permanent muting within the co-op mode has also been addressed, which may be good news for some and bad news for others…
The patch obviously also includes the usual “quality of life” tweaks. It’s performance and stability has been improved to ensure that player immersion is as unaffected as possible, whilst an uncommon but no less annoying save corruption bug is fixed.
Finally, everyone should now be able to buy silver bars without issue; the full patch notes can be found below.
We thought Far Cry 5 is the best in the series and you can read our full review here.
Have you found salvation in Hope County? Or would you prefer a mammoth in Kyrat? Shoot us a comment below.
Far Cry 5 Update 4 Patch Notes
Stability & Performance
- Fixed low occurrence crashes and walkthrough breaks
- Additional quality bug fixes
- Fixed low occurrence save corruption
Companion, Enemy, and Animal AI
- Fixed low repro AI issues
Design & Mission Progression
- Fixed issues preventing silver bar purchase
- Fixed minor bugs
Gameplay and UI
- Fixed minor bugs
Co-Op and Online
- Improved co-op connectivity
- Fixed low occurrence co-op specific walkthrough breaks
- Fixed voice communication issue where players could be permanently muted
- Hurk was blowing up the client player when in a helicopter, fixed that.
Far Cry Arcade
- Improved map download efficiency
- Fixed various Arcade gameplay issues
- Fixed issue where map textures would be extremely low
- Improved PVP matchmaking
- Fixed lobby loadout selection and map selection issues
- Fixed issue with Arcade Editor crashes
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Living life one Batmobile chase at a time. When she’s not writing about video games, she’s writing terrible jokes that even a Christmas cracker would be embarrassed to share.