Saber Interactive has released a brand new trailer today for its upcoming co-op zombie shooter World War Z. The new trailer, which you can watch up above – and subscribe to our YouTube channel – gives us a look at the different character classes that players can utilise in their sessions.
Saber Interactive has done the hard work for me on this one by providing a nice bullet point list of character classes as well as their descriptions. Bless you, PR people. Bless you.
- Gunslinger – For those who skip the questions and shoot first, the Gunslinger is loaded with an arsenal of weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks to mow down the dead.
- Hellraiser – Enough explosives can solve any problem! Hellraisers come armed with C4 and other tools for effective crowd control.
- Slasher – For warriors with a sense of elegance, the best way to kill is with your trusty blade. Slashers have perks that increase melee damage and effectiveness while their armed tasers deliver electrifying results.
- Medic – Sometimes the best way to fight the undead is keeping your teammates from becoming one of them. Armed with a Stim Pistol, Medics can heal fellow survivors from a distance and help keep the chaos under control.
- Fixer – When versatility in any situation is the highest priority, the Fixer is there for you, starting out with an explosive ammo case and several teammate ammo-restoring perks.
- Exterminator – Fire is the answer! Armed with Molotov cocktails and increased fire damage, the Exterminator just wants to watch the undead burn.
Personally, I can see myself as a Gunslinger in World War Z. Anything with cowboy connotations and I’m all over it like flies on zombie poo.
World War Z is set to release sometime next year on PS4, though there isn’t a confirmed release date or window as of yet. It’s looking good though and it may give Sony’s Days Gone a run for its money if it’s any good.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)