Thunderful Publishing and Maschinen-Mensch have announced today that their roguelike simulation game, Curious Expedition, is now available on PS4 in North America, while the European release is planned for later this week, though with no release date confirmed. Curious Expedition will also release on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, on April 2nd and April 3rd, respectively. The price? A fair $14.99/€14.99.
Curious Expedition – what is it? It’s a roguelike simulation game where you’re tasked with exploring unknown lands, all the while fighting off all types of danger, both physical and mental. The game is set in the late 19th century with famous personalities showing up to go on an unprecedented expedition to regions never explored before. The rewards? Like the wise, temple-robbing Indiana Jones once said: Fame and fortune, kid, fame and fortune.
- Read More: Patch 1.12 Finally Adds a Photo Mode to Death Stranding
- Read More: Feature: 8 PSVR Games to Keep You Fit and Healthy During Lockdown
“We’re thrilled to introduce Curious Expedition to a brand new audience on consoles. Those players can experience the “ultimate edition” of the game, which has been improved through more than 50 updates on PC over the course of the past 5 years.” said Riad Djemili, CEO of Maschinen-Mensch.
“We believe Curious Expedition is a perfect fit for consoles, as it’s structured around short paced sessions, but also provides plenty of depth and replayability, with lots of content to discover and unlock.”
Today we’ve got the console launch trailer, which you can watch up above, and a few tidbits down below for those who prefer bullet-points instead of hastily re-written press releases.
- Experience your very own adventure through a procedural story which makes every game unique
- Explore procedurally generated worlds, each with its own distinctive set of challenges for the ambitious explorer
- Plan and equip your trek, as a good explorer is always prepared for any eventuality