If you’re a Darksiders superfan, you’ll surely know already that Darksiders Genesis has released today on PS4 and other platforms, and to celebrate the release THQ Nordic has put out a trailer giving players one last carefully curated look at the game, as well as some of the positive review scores the game has received.
Darksiders Genesis takes the series in a new direction as a top-down hack-and-slash-shooter, and it hasn’t hurt the game at all. In fact, our Stuart McLean was very impressed with the game in his Darksiders Genesis PS4 review, so give it a read if you’re not sure about the latest Darksiders.
Darksiders: Genesis is an action/adventure that tears its way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging. Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game, as well as introduces the Horseman Strife.
- Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
- Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
- Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)