Football Manager has been missing from home consoles for a long time now, though the Nintendo Switch has had a couple of solid ports, us PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners have been left out in the cold. If we want footy, we either have to go to FIFA or PES. Not anymore!
Today, Toplitz Productions has released a new football management game called Football, Tactics & Glory, and it’s a little different to the endless spreadsheets and databases of Football Manager.
In Football, Tactics & Glory, you’ll be given your own football club to manage. You start off at grassroots level, working your way up through the amateur leagues before hitting the big time. You’ll need to build your team, train your players and come up with winning strategies. Unlike other footy manager sims, Football, Tactics & Glory actually lets you play the matches as turn-based battles against the other team.
Football, Tactics & Glory originally released on PC back in 2018, and after having a quick peek at the game’s Steam product page, it looks like it’s had mostly positive reviews from users. If you’re a footy fan looking to swap out the anger management of FIFA for some chilled, laid back football management on your console, this one might be worth a look.
You can find Football, Tactics & Glory out today on your local PlayStation Store.
Features of Football, Tactics & Glory include:
- Turn-based matches: Unique turn-based on-the-pitch play system allows players to strategically place their team members in order to capitalize on weaker skills of the opponent
- Rich League-based Campaign: Start in the amateur leagues, play in cup matches, buy and train your players, improve your club and take them to the pro leagues
- Skills and Class Systems: With a variety of skills and classes that can be assigned to a player’s team members, Football, Tactics & Glory invites players to experiment according to their own playstyle as they build their club
- Ultimate Face Editor: Change and customize the face of any player on your roster
- Smooth Animations: Characters move elegantly and realistically during matches
- Online Matches: Players can join with friends online for a friendship-breaking playoff tournament as the fight to see who among them is the best tactician
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)