Like bow and arrows? Of course you do. We all do. The only problem is that most of us would be less than useless if we had to fight for our lives using the ancient weapon. Thankfully, VR means we don’t need great skills, just a headset, a couple of controllers, and enough space to swing our arms around.
Today, you can live out your fantasy of being a master archer in Odd Meter’s SACRALITH: The Archer’s Tale, a new game released today on PSVR.
SACRALITH: The Archer’s Tale originally released on PCVR headsets last year where it was well-received by players and critics, with many pointing towards the game’s story and combat as being the highlights.
SACRALITH: The Archer’s Tale is out now on PS4/PSVR via the PlayStation Store. The cost? A fairly reasonable $19.99/£15.99.
Here’s the official description for the game by the developers themselves:
The game brings you to a quest for the magic stone that grants power over Dragons. Dozens of fights with hordes of enemies will be thrown at you your loyal allies along the way. The game world consists of various different locations with special firing spots. Move swiftly along these spots, choose the right view and angle for attack, protect your companions and defeat the enemy.
• Breathtaking immersive storyline that will carry you to the world of SACRALITH.
• Lifelike bow shooting! The only thing we can’t reproduce is the weight of a bow in your hand. However, feel free to tie a stone to your gamepad!
• Storming battles and instant travel along the map. Don’t stand still, move forward, your allies are in danger and you’re the only one in charge of their lives!
• Detailed graphics and stunning visual effects, including facial MoCap: all movements and articulation have been recorded by real actors.
• Wide range of enemies. Some of them will die from the first arrow. Others will require all your wit and effort!