Exercise is getting harder to come by as the days are getting shorter and the nights are drawing in, but with VR, that doesn’t matter. You can get a workout at home with the various VR games available on PSVR. The latest is VR Ping Pong Pro from Merge Games, One-O-One Games and IV Productions, who are collectively celebrating the game’s release today.
To mark the occasion, the trio have bandied up and put together a slick launch trailer to give you another look at what it’s like to play Ping Pong in VR. It looks exhausting if I’m being honest.
VR Ping Pong Pro comes with eight environments to play in, including stadiums and Japanese gardens, so you need never leave your house again if you get the urge to play Ping Pong in a Japanese garden.
There’s a single-player campaign as well as online multiplayer, so if you find the A.I to be lacking, you can take your skills online and see how you fare against random players who are probably playing in their undies. Hold that thought and cherish it.
VR Ping Pon Pro is out now on PS4 and is available via the PlayStation Store for £19.99/$24,99/€24.99. If you’re a fan of physical discs then you can pick up VR Ping Pong Pro at retail for £24.99/$29.99/€29.99.
- Singles Match – (Player vs CPU or Player 1 vs Player 2)
- Online multiplayer – choose to play either single matches or tournaments with people from all over the world
- Become the best in Tournament Mode
- Exciting mini-games where you can hone your skills or just have fun!
- A variety of photo-realistic environments, placing you right at the centre of the action
- True to life physics, (with full-spin mechanics), make it feel like you’re really there!
- A wide array of customisable rackets and ping pong balls!
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)