Owlboy, the hit indie adventure game from D-Pad Studio, will be getting a retail release for PS4 and Nintendo Switch a little later this year, as confirmed by the publisher of the physical release, SOEDESCO.
The Dutch indie-label announced today via a press release that Owlboy will be hitting retail stores on May 29th for PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
“We’ve had to keep quiet about this for some time, but now I can finally announce our first physical Switch game! Owlboy is a really great title to start off our Switch line-up with, but we’ve certainly got more coming up,” said Hans van Brakel, Executive Manager at SOEDESCO.
Owlboy originally released last year to massive critical acclaim. Not from us though. We, er, kind of forgot to review it… Here’s a quick list of the game’s features to distract you from our incompetence:
- Heartfelt, intriguing story about the adventurous journey of an underdog owl.
- Detailed, colorful and beautifully vibrant pixel art style.
- Switch between Otus’ friends at any time to employ their unique abilities
- Tremendous variety in surroundings and enemies.
- Explore massive dungeons and face epic boss battles.
SOEDESCO Press Release
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)