R8 Fanes has released a brand new update today for its futuristic Wipeout-style anti-graft racing game, Pacer. The latest update is version 1.03 and it has a fairly small footprint with a 404MB download on PS4.
Racer is a fantastic racer (review here or watch above) but it’s not without its faults. Strangely enough, none of the fixes down below covered my only technical issue with the game. The fixes will be welcomed by Pacer players who have gotten frustrated at the game crashing, and fair play to R8 Games for getting the update out so quickly after the game’s launch.
Pacer PS4 Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue with the Dragon Stars Team goal that crashes the title on events where the goal isn’t achievable.
- Fixed an issue where users couldn’t access time trial in certain languages.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to access Elite speed in certain modes in some languages would cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where video information wasn’t purged from the buffer on the track select screen causing a crash.
- Fixed an issue with the avatar system that could cause a crash when entering/returning to a lobby at the end of a race (or on the Map Vote Screen).
- Fixed an issue where the lobby could a crash due to removing of Avatar data.
- Fixed an issue where the title could crash when selecting matchmaking multiple times in succession.
- Fixed an issue where the title could crash when a user was dead when the race ended.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect shaders were cached in the build pipeline, so built incorrectly on some tracks.
- Plus additional minor tweaks and improvements.