We were all hoping Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order would meet our expectations, despite how high they were. But if the general consensus is to be believed, you could say EA missed the mark by a longshot with this one. Apart from the story and fighting mechanics feeling a little average, it was the sheer number of bugs throughout the worlds that disappointed us most – something patch 1.04 is hoping to rectify.
But I’d say there are more issues that need fixing than a single update can handle. So sit tight for the next one. Or five…
It became apparent a few days before launch that something wasn’t quite right. What with EA refusing to offer the game on early access due to “spoilers”. We now know that spoilers was a codeword for “publishing the truth about its bug laden state”, and the team were probably trying to safeguard their sales.
But the truth will always out, especially where Reddit is concerned.
From hard crashes and lost progress to characters being stuck in the game’s geometry, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order was/is a little rough around the edges. But hopefully the whole experience proves a little smoother after this little patch. And it sure does sound like it could be. For starters, BD-1’s invisible tendencies have been addressed – the droid will now stay in sight. Stuck assets have been removed from the walls. And your spontaneous death will be more unlikely, which is always a good thing.
Elsewhere, collisions have been improved – probably by fiddling with the physics – and a much needed bridge has been built. The rest you can read below.
But before you do, how about telling us if you’re in the minority who praise Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order? I’ll admit, I really like the blend of influences, though the issues delaying my progress are starting to take their toll.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 1.04 Patch Notes
- There was an issue that would sometimes cause BD-1 to turn invisible after completing Bogano. This has been fixed and everyone’s favourite droid will now be visible.
- The Force bar has had its colour switched, making it easier to read.
- You will no longer be able to glitch through a wall on Ilum.
- An issue that caused the Spire of Miktrull from being raised has been fixed.
- A missing bridge on Dathomir has been located, no longer blocking game progress.
- Spheres can no longer get stuck in the wall within the Tomb of Eilram.
- An issue preventing players from leaving the tomb on Dathomir has been addressed.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from completing the Force Push tutorial.
- Players can no longer bypass a specific area on Dathomir that requires double jump.
- BD-1 will no longer disappear during a later section of the game.
- Talking to BD-1 during the AT-AT scene on Kashyyyk will no longer break the scene.
- There was an issue which prevented players from locating the double bladed lightsaber on Dathomir, this has been addressed.
- Improved collision on Bogano.
- Improved collision on Ilum.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the player to die at the same time as another [spoiler] character.
- Fixed an issue which would cause parts of the level to become affected by lightsaber throws during one of the fights with [spoiler].
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on Dathomir after defeating [spoiler].
- Fixed an issue from occurring where a character would not appear on Dathomir, and thus preventing players from progressing.
- An issue preventing players from completing a sphere puzzle on Zeffo has been addressed.