Apparently Sony’s next PS4 firmware 5.50 is starting to become available to those who were lucky enough to be selected as a beta tester. Several PS4 owners have taken to social media to report their good fortune and screenshots despite the beta being under NDA. It appears that only players in Europe have got beta access so far but it’s expected that it will start rolling out to other regions within the next day or so.
Spoiler alert, you still cannot change your PSN name! Some of the newfound features that are being reported are:
- You can now delete notifications that you received so they are no longer floating on the dashboard.
- You can now hide games that you purchased in your library.
- Beta/demos will no longer keep taunting you as purchased games.
- You can now turn on notifications through a shortcut once friends become available online.
- According to the screenshot below there’s now a Supersampling mode.
We expect this is just the tip of the iceberg of new features being discovered so keep it right here for more details if and when they become available. Did you get into the beta? Let us know down in the comments section below.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.