4A Games has released the next-gen update today for the bleak first-person survival-shooter Metro Exodus, and it’s a freebie if you already own the last-gen version.
Deep Silver and 4A Games have released a new update for Metro Exodus on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, bringing the well-received last-gen game into the new generation with some really cool features.
Metro Exodus on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S runs at 4K and the fabled 60FPS, and with Ray Tracing across the game and its expansions. There are also some platform-specific upgrades for each console, with Xbox getting improved input latency and PS5 getting 3D audio and some extra rumbles thanks to the DualSense controller’s haptics.
The update is completely free if you own the original PS4 or Xbox One version. If you don’t, you can grab Metro Exodus: Complete Edition which comes with the base game and all the DLC expansions released for the game. That’s not a bad way to catch up with Artyom’s world before Metro 4 releases.
Metro Exodus next-gen features
- Enhanced for the latest consoles – Enhanced to utilise the power of Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 including 60FPS, up to 4K resolution a Field Of View slider for the first time in the series and Ray Traced lighting.
- Enhanced for Xbox Series X |S – optimized for platform-specific features including spatial audio and Smart Delivery support. Xbox Series X will boast full Ray Traced lighting, 4K 60FPS and Xbox Series S will deliver full Ray Traced lighting, 60FPS and 1080p resolution. Available via Smart Delivery.
- Enhanced for PlayStation 5 – optimized for platform-specific features including DualSense™ Haptic Feedback support and 3D Audio, alongside full Ray Traced lighting and 60FPS 4K visuals.
- The Complete Package – includes Metro Exodus and all DLC content – The Two Colonels and Sam’s Story.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and follow a gripping story that links together classic Metro gameplay with huge, non-linear levels.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Explore a hostile world – embark on a journey that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter. Discover the Russian wilderness, brought to life with day/night cycles and dynamic weather.