A little while back I wrote about an interesting upcoming indie game called Skorecery. It’s a mix of Ping Pong and arcade fighting game, with a bit of magic thrown in for good measure.
The initial release date was set for February 5th, 2019. However, Skorecery won’t be making its release date, as confirmed to Pure PlayStation by GrappleHook Games’ PR rep.
The game has been delayed until “later this quarter”, so there’s no solid release date for the game anymore. That said, I’ve been told we’ll hear more about a release date announcement sometime in February, so it’s looking like it won’t be a huge delay, but it’s a delay nonetheless.
If you’re not clued up on what Skorecery is (and you didn’t click the link above…) here’s a quick run down of the game, along with comments from GrappleHook Games’ co-founder, Eric Peterson.
- Friendly and competitive local multiplayer battles with gameplay that takes seconds to learn and countless hours to master
- Fast-paced and tense duels, team skirmishes, and free-for-all matches
- Vast variety of Spells, Modes, and Arena layouts for infinite replayability
- Game-modifying Curses that allow players to change rules of the match, physics, and abilities
- Intricately designed audio dynamics that adjust to match intensity
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)