Sony has announced the PS4 Pro at today’s PlayStation Meeting. Andrew House took to the stage to announce the new mid-generation upgrade.
The console will sit alongside the current models of the PS4, with the PS4 Slim replacing the current model as the standard. Mark Cerny took to the stage to tell us a bit about what’s going on inside the PS4 Pro.
- Double GPU power
- A number of hardware renovations to allow resolutions to be upped.
- Boosting the clockrate of the CPU.
- Exisiting games will play as normal
- PS4 Pro comes with a 1TB hard drive as standard.
- 4K resolution – 8 Million Pixels of display
- High Dynamic Range compatibility – HDR
At the moment, there’s no pricing though that may change throughout the evening. Cerny then also showed off some games running on the PS4 Pro, though there’s no video yet, but when there is, we’ll post it here.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)