Cradle Games and publisher tinyBuild will release their Souls-like action RPG Hellpoint on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S in 2021 as an enhanced version of the current-gen original, with support for higher frame rates and resolutions, as well as free upgrades from PS4 and Xbox One to the next-gen machines.
Hellpoint on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S will release in 2021, though the current-gen version will be playable on the PS5 and Xbox series X|S on their respective launch dates thanks to backwards compatibility.
However, the game will run best when the next-gen versions release next year. The game will support two different performance profiles:
- Performance mode with Dynamic 4K at 60FPS on PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Quality mode with Native 4K at 30FPS on PS5 and Xbox Series X
If you already own the game on current-gen consoles, you’ll still get a kind-of upgrade with that version on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, as the backwards compatibility of both next-gen consoles will force the game to run better than it does on PS4 and Xbox One, where the performance is very choppy.
In addition, there will be an update soon to give players the option to unlock the game’s frame rate, which will be especially useful on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, but will still be usable on PS4 and Xbox One.
Hellpoint is set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm called the Merge. You wake up on board the Irid Novo space station, a beacon of galactic cooperation and scientific exploration gone horribly wrong. What happens next will be solely determined by your choices.
- Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
- Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master, slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.