Kalypso Media and Realmforge Studios have today announced that, unfortunately, the upcoming space management sim Spacebase Startopia won’t be making its original 2020 release date, but will now be releasing in Spring 2021.
According to the presser sent out by Kalypso, the new release window will give the development team the extra time to polish and buff Spacebase Startopia to ensure that it releases in the best shape possible for fans and beta testers.
The publisher also notes that the delay means that Spacebase Startopia can release in more countries and on more platforms from day one. At the moment, Spacebase Startopia is set to launch in Spring 2021 for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. But with that extra development time, perhaps a next-gen version is on the cards? In any case, it should at least be backwards compatible, so that’s something.
- Singleplayer campaign with 10 fully voiced single-player missions
- Individually configurable sandbox mode
- Competitive and a cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Build 30+ rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory – needs and desires
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit, while running sabotage missions against your competitors
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)