It’s only taken what, four months for Activision to do it, but today we’re finally getting subtitles in Spyro Reignited Trilogy on PS4. Better late than never, right?
Spyro Reignited Trilogy PS4 update 1.03 has been released, and with it comes a whole bunch of tweaks as well as a few additions. The highlight here is the addition of subtitles for all languages, according to the patch notes. I’m guessing ‘all’ is being used liberally here, as there doesn’t seem to be an option for Welsh…
The new update also adds the ability for players to choose between having motion blur on, or having it off. I know that I’d personally prefer having it off as it’s a bit on the aggressive side and can look a little too blurry in motion.
There are also a few bug fixes thrown in for good measure, though no word on whether this update improves the game’s performance. As noted in my review last year, the game does suffer from hitching. I’ve not really had the time to test the new update, but if I find it improve the game in any other way that isn’t listed in the patch notes, I’ll be sure to let you all know. For now, here are the patch notes:
- Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
- Character headers to identify active speakers
- Succinct line splits for readability
- Colored text for improved character association in most languages
- Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
- Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
- Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Fills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
- Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines
- Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
- Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto’s Arena
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)