The next update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 doesn’t add much in the way of new features. It does however address a number of bugs and imperfections that have left players feeling anything but Leia backed. Ha ha?
One such change will improve the presentation of the awards screen, which is visible at the end of each round. Prior to the improvements this screen only showed players who had achieved a distinction, whether that be MVP, most kills or longest kill streak, amongst others. This had led to some players not getting a look in as one or two regularly ran away with the lot. Greedy beggars! From this patch forward, each player’s score will be displayed.
In addition, spawn positions and combat areas in certain locations have been tweaked, along with a number of texture failures. But it appears that the Star Wars Battlefront 2 lootbox controversy is here to stay for a little while longer.
Full patch notes are:
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of damage the Stinger Pistol ability does against Heroes & Villains.
- Boba Fett can no longer capture objectives while hovering high above the objective.
- Blocked of some areas on Kamino and Naboo where players could use aerial units to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
- Tweaked the spawning positions when playing Strike on Kamino.
- Tweaked the combat area on Tatooine when playing Strike.
- Tweaked the combat area on Endor when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the combat area on Hoth when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the spawning positions of Starfighters when playing Galactic Assault on Tatooine.
- Tweaked the spawn positions of the AAT when playing Galactic Assault on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Jakku.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Endor.
- Fixed several collision issues on the Death Star II.
- Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where the objective markers would not update correctly during Galactic Assault on Endor.
- Fixed an issue where some automatic doors would not open when approached by Villains in Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where texture was missing near the East Gate Control when playing Strike on Yavin IV.
- Fixed an issue where the reticule from Lando’s Sharp Shot ability would remain active longer than intended.
- Reduced the amount of the damage the NT-242 with the Disruptor Shot mod does against the AT-ST.
- Fixed an issue where the Scan Dart ability would not work correctly when used on doors.
- Players will no longer be able to start a round if the pre-round requirements are not met.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would indicate that friendly forces are taking damage when being hit with by the Ion Charge ability on the AT-RT.
- The Heavy Trooper’s Impact Grenade ability VFX now works as intended.
- The DLT-20A Targeting Rifle VFX now works as intended.
- The Pulse Cannon ability VFX now works as intended.
- Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the players could not Zoom after switching weapons from an overheated TL50.
- Fixed several clipping issues that occurred during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where Iden’s Star Cards will display their multiplayer stats during the Campaign.
- Fixed several animation issues for Heroes and Villains.
- Fixed several texture issues in Arcade mode.
- Fixed several collision issues in Arcade mode.
- The End of Round screen now gives feedback to players on Rank Up that they are awarded with Credits.
- More reinforcements are awarded after each phase in Galactic Assault.
- Time required to complete interact objectives has been reduced.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Living life one Batmobile chase at a time. When she’s not writing about video games, she’s writing terrible jokes that even a Christmas cracker would be embarrassed to share.