FIFA Street may now just be another part of the annual FIFA package – renamed as Volta – but there is a new contender in the street football scene, and that is Street Power Soccer, also known as Street Power Football outside of North America.
SFL Interactive and Maximum Games have announced that the street footy arcade game will release on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC (via Steam) on August 25th, 2020. Yeah, it’s a bit of a wait between now and then – hopefully, it’s worth the wait.
Street Power Soccer isn’t your usual game of football. Rather than taking the tekkers out onto a proper pitch, you play as a team of freestyle, panna, and street soccer legends in the far more accessible sport of street soccer. Not everyone can get to Wembley, mind you, and for a lot of us, kicking a ball around the neighbours’ cars – with the occasional ball through a window – is where we learned to kick a ball and learn the art of scoring sweaty goals.
Street Power Soccer Gameplay Key Features:
- Become Street King: Create your own character and become the protégé of Street Legend Sean Garnier as you blow away the competition and rule the streets with your baller moves.
- Play with Friends: Grab your friends and compete head-to-head locally or online. If you’re more of a team player, grab a friend and compete against the AI in Street Power Matches with up to three playable characters on each team! Challenge yourself in front of an audience as you play solo in Trick Shot and Become King modes!
- Game Modes: Explore and master all six unique game modes: Dance-like Freestyle, 2v2 or 3v3 Street Power matches, Trick Shot, Panna Cage Battles, Elimination and Become the Street King story mode.
- Signature Tricks and Superpowers: Play with style and stun your opponents with sick tricks like Boyka’s backflip, Liv’s around the world or Melody’s special moves. Unleash amazing superpowers and blow away the competition.
- Style Points: Customize your team with stylish street fashions, custom emotes, tattoos, and more!
- Authentic Streetstyle Culture: Play with the best Street and Freestyle players in the world including Sean Garnier, Melody Donchet, Liv Cooke, Andrew Henderson, Raquel “Freestyle” Benetti, Daniel Got Hits, JaviFreestyle and more!
- Build the Hype: Turn up the volume with hyped-up tracks from The Black-Eyed Peas, DJ Snake, Snap, and Daniel Got Hits as you take to streetstyle stages from around the world, including the official Red Bull Street Style World Championship stage.
Street Power Soccer will release on August 25th, 2020, and it’ll be available digitally via online platforms, and physically in select retailers. If your retailer doesn’t have it come release, they’re obviously not very select, and you need to find a new place to do your shopping.