Get back to the plate with a major new update from Metalhead Software for critically-acclaimed sports game Super Mega Baseball 3. Available September 29th, Update 4 includes a brand-new game mode called Online Leagues, formerly announced as Custom Pennant Race, featuring versatile cross-platform custom leagues across Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Online Leagues will allow users to set up custom leagues and invite friends from other platforms. Leagues can be set up and played casually via matchmaking within the league, or alternatively, competitive users can play according to their own externally coordinated schedule via a match-against-specific user feature. Unlike Pennant Race mode, Online Leagues with default settings will allow usage of all Standard teams, full visual customization, and user-controlled Ego settings.
Update 4 also features a surprise mode that has yet to be announced. Watch mode will offer users a new way to simulate AI versus AI games by allowing the user to control various cameras around the stadiums. These camera angles will let users observe the on-field action at different dynamic angles and viewpoints, allowing for a different gameplay experience.
Features in Online Leagues:
· Use invite codes to set up private leagues to play cross-platform with friends.
· Play in short term or long term seasons, with statistics tracked throughout the season.
· Customize settings and rules, such as Ego (difficulty) level and game length.
· Play with SMB3 standard teams or fully customized user teams.
· Create large leagues – up to 32 players.
· Queue for games against any opponent in the league, or queue against a specific user.