Sword fighting games are few and far between on the PlayStation VR, though you’d think they’d be a staple given the ergonomics of the PS Move wand controllers. Alas, it’s not the case, but we are getting a new one to add to the small collection later this year: Swords of Gargantua.
gumi Inc. and Yomuneco Inc. have announced that they’ll be bringing the rogue-lite game to PSVR later this year, towards the end of Spring, though no actual date has yet been announced.
To celebrate the announcement, the developer have released an announcement trailer and have also been kind enough to send over a batch of PSVR screenshots for us to have a look at. You can find the trailer up above and the screens down below.
- Read More: Doom Eternal Will Upscale to 4K on PS4 Pro, 60FPS for All Consoles
- Read More: Ubisoft Planning Digital Experience in Place of E3 2020 Cancellation
- Read More: Saints Row: The Third Remaster Possibly Leaked By Retailer, May 7th Release Date
So, what is Swords of Gargantua, you ask. It’s a rogue-lite action game where advanced combat tactics play a key role whether you’re playing alone or in multiplayer. You can play by yourself, or you can play with up to three other people with realistic swordplay that tasks you with levelling up your sword skill against hordes of enemies before facing off against the titular titan Gargantua. Sounds good, doesn’t it? It’s been available for a while on Steam and it has had decent users reviews there, so here’s hoping for a fine PSVR port when it releases.
- Hyper-Realistic VR Swordsmanship: Swing, stab, crush and parry. Wield over 30 discoverable weapons and fight your way through 101 floors of enemies hell-bent on stopping you from reaching the colossal end-boss, Gargantua.
- Rogue-lite Action: Each play through gives different floor advancement choices along the way; play it safe, but it’ll take more battles to reach the end, or skip to a deeper level and be cursed with major disadvantages and debuffs while fighting tougher enemies.
- Character Progression: Keep all the weapons, items, coins and stat upgrades collected through each play permanently. Take excess weapons and combine them to make stronger versions to aid in progressively difficult battles.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play with up to three other adventurers. Call the shots with native voice chat and defeat the mighty Gargantua.