There’s no new Crazy Taxi on the horizon, but at least Lion Castle and GS2 Games are making an effort with Taxi Chaos, a game inspired by SEGA’s hit 90s arcade game.
Taxi Chaos is due to release on February 23rd for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, with pre-orders now being available for the latter two consoles. At the moment, there’s nothing for PS4. But we have some new info, courtesy of the developers, and some new screenshots.
“It has been two decades since we saw a new game focused on the adventures and excitement of taxi games. With Taxi Chaos we set out to create a throw-back dedicated to the amazing and memorable classics”, said Jorden Stocx, Lead Game Designer of Taxi Chaos. “Of course, this is not a direct sequel to the classics, however, we hope that players will welcome Taxi Chaos as a fresh and modern take on this long-lost genre.”
- Explore and master the streets of the immense and vibrant New Yellow City.
- Discover the best routes to speed up and maximize your fares! Want to get faster? Jump over other cars or on top of buildings!
- Go hard! Go crazy! The more risk you take and the crazier you drive, the higher your rewards!
- Break the rules in seven extreme rides: from the iconic yellow cab to a full-blown muscle car! Earn enough to complete your collection.
- Get to know various bizarre passengers through hilarious and fully voiced conversations! Pick up a hipster, plumber, rockstar, an alien, and many more!
- Smash through mailboxes, streetlights, fire hydrants, or everything else that is in your way! The city is your playground.
- Test your driving skills in three distinct game modes! Enjoy the classic Arcade Mode, cruise around in Freeroam, or step up for a real challenge in Pro Mode.
Taxi Chaos will be available digitally and at retail from February 23rd, 2021.