There’s a new multiplayer shooter heading to PSVR in the near future: Telefrag VR. The game’s developer, Anshar Studios announced today that it will be releasing Telefrag VR on PSVR and PC virtual reality headsets later this year.
But what exactly is Telefrag VR? Well, it’s pretty much what it says on the tin. You gib other players and teleport around. That’s my shorthand version.
According to the press release from Anshar, Telefrag VR is the ultimate VR experience where there’s no right side up and death can come from any direction – literally. The game is set in a futuristic Roman Empire where you play as a gladiator fighting in “arenas of impossible geometry.”
There’s no solid release date as of yet, just the mention of a 2019 release date. Check out the trailer up top and then peep your eyes downwards to see the main features, courtesy of Anshar Studios.
TELEFRAG VR MAIN FEATURES:
- Loadout Management – Pick your favorite loadout to outwit your enemy. Combine powerful firearms to create the most powerful set. Each weapon features two firing modes and a unique teleportation attack.
- Teleport Attacks and Telefrags – Use teleport attacks to move through the arena or telefrag your enemy! See them reduced to a pulp using the well-known ability.
- Guns – Choose from classic arena shooter weapons such as Rocket Launchers, Flak Cannons, and futuristic Plasma Rifles.
- Dash – Combat in VR has never been so dynamic! Catch your enemy by surprise as short and fast jumps from place to place allow you to constantly stay on the move.
- Impossible spaces – Fight in unique arenas arranged with no regard for gravity, allowing for various angles of attack and movement. The specifically designed maps will force you to be on your guard.
- Arena Game Mode – Fight in 1v1 deathmatches that use rounds. Climb up the leaderboards and conquer the highest win streak.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)