Telltale Publishing announced yesterday that it would be publishing a new game. It wasn’t as straightforward as that though, as it turned out that it wasn’t going to be another Telltale Games game, but would instead be a project from a “partner” studio.
What we learned yesterday is that the game is a horror game and that’s about it. What we’ve learned today is that it’s called 7 Days to Die and it’s releasing for PS4 and other platforms.
What’s odd is that the game is up on Amazon (for $29.99) but Telltale still hasn’t made an official announcement. Sorry for breaking the news early, Telltale. Our bad. The Amazon listing suggests that we’ll be seeing the game this June 14th. Not too long to wait then. Below you’ll find the description of the game provided by Amazon, and further down you’ll find a gallery of images.
- Explore & Craft – Huge, unique and rich environments, offering the freedom to play the game any way you want while you craft and repair weapons, clothes, armor, tools, vehicles, and more.
- Build – Take over a ruin, or build from the ground-up. Design your fortress to include traps and defensive positions to survive the undead – the world is fully destructible and moldable.
- Cooperate or Compete – Includes two player split screen mode, with support for up to 8 players online, in Player versus Player, co-op survival, or co-op creative modes.
- Create – Unleash your creativity and build the ultimate world by yourself friends. Enjoy unlimited access to nearly 400 in-game items and 1,200 unique building blocks in creative mode.
- Improve – Increase your skills in a multitude of active and passive disciplines. 7 to Die is the only true survival RPG with nearly 50 multi-tiered skill and perk groups.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)