Tennis fans, rejoice, for today Nacon and Big Ant Studios have announced that a special edition of Tennis World Tour 2 will be releasing on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. The bad news? You’re going to have to wait until next year to play the next-gen version of Tennis World Tour 2 as it will release in March 2021.
There’s not really much else to say about the next-gen version of Tennis World Tour 2; we don’t have any screens and there isn’t a next-gen trailer, just the announcement. What we do have is quick shortlist of the game’s features, with a new line tacked-on for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S release.
Tennis World Tour 2 features:
- Highly anticipated new features: the ability to play doubles matches with up to 4 players locally and online, a competitive mode, an improved serve system and a new shot timing mechanic
- More realistic: more animations create smoother gameplay
- Multiple game modes: Career, Quick Match, Online, Tournament, Ranked Match and Tie Break Tens – there’s a format to suit every player
- Several official courts: The Estadio Manolo Santana of the Mutua Madrid Open, the OWL ARENA of Halle or the 3 courts of Roland-Garros: Philippe-Chatrier, Suzanne-Lenglen and Simonne-Mathieu
- 48 renowned players: the most famous players are part of the casting this year, among them Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Ashleigh Barty
- A next-gen version with technical and gameplay improvements
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)