Team 17 has announced today that The Escapists 2 will break free on August 22nd for PS4 and other platforms. That’s not all, though, as the press release sent over by Team 17 was chock full of little details.
First of all, there’s a brand new trailer embedded up above that details what you’ll get for pre-ordering the game. Go on, then, watch it. Done? Good, carry on below.
Pre-orders are available for digital versions of the game, as well as physical disc copies that will go live with selected retailers very soon. The price? Team 17 has confirmed that The Escapists 2 won’t be mugging your wallet as the game will cost £19.99/$19.99/19,99 € across all platforms. Sweet as a nut.
If you’ve not played the first game before, fear not, for The Escapists 2 feature a full tutorial to bring new players into the life of crime. Here’s what’s to come in The Escapists 2:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
And as an added bonus for all players, Team 17 has set up ‘Create-a-Con’ on the game’s official website, so you can build your character and share it across social media before the game releases.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)