Did you think the swarms of zombies in World War Z and Days Gone were big? Well think again because you haven’t seen anything yet. Thousands of zombies? Pfft. Please. How about billions?
BlitWorks and Numantian Games have announced that They Are Billions will be releasing on PS4, Xbox One and PC this July, bringing billions of zombies to your living room in a real-time strategy game that’ll have you cowering in fear.
They Are Billions is an RTS game set in a post-apocalyptic world where zombies don’t just wander in little groups, but in extreme masses. It’s your job to survive the onslaught by using your brain to plan strategies, place buildings, and manage your resources to hold off against the billions of zombies for as long as possible. You’ll train your people and even pay contractors to help defend your colony.
They Are Billions has been announced for consoles and PC and will release this July, though the exact dates are still yet to be determined. In the mean time there’s a trailer up above and some key info down below.
- Survival Strategy Game – The aim of the game is to build a successful colony and survive for a specific period of time against billions of zombie enemies. Build walls, gates, towers, and structures to protect yourself. Train your army and contract the best mercenaries to protect the colony. Management of your resources and forces is the key to survival!
- Real Time with Pause – While They Are Millions is a Real Time Strategy game, It comes with the ability for players to pause the game at any time. With the game paused, players can focus on making the best strategic decisions, giving them a layer of control missing from most RTS games.
- Randomly Generated Maps – Every game presents new challenges for the player as each new game creates a random world generated with its own events, weather, geography, and infected population.
- Thousands of Units on Screen – They Are Billions brings massive numbers of units to the game screen, up to 20,000 units playing in real-time! Some are on your side, but be prepared to face the biggest swarms of infected you’ve ever seen.
- Mouse and Keyboard Support – They Are Billions gives players the choice of playing with a keyboard & mouse or a controller, allowing players to experience the game how they choose.
- Weekly Challenge – Weekly Challenges will be offered where participating players must play the same random map. The best scores are published on a leaderboard to allow for bragging rights and friendly rivalry among players.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)