Vicarious Visions has released a brand new update today for THPS 1+2, bringing the much-requested Solo Tours to the game, as well as many other new additions, tweaks, and fixes.
A big complaint that many had around the game’s release was that once you finished the game’s levels, you were not able to re-do the challenge with a different skater. It was a glaring oversight, perhaps to push people to play online instead, but it has since been rectified with this new update.
THPS 1+2 PS4 Update 1.09 Patch Notes
- Shred with Each Skater in Solo Tours
- You can now replay Tours with individual skaters.
- Goals and Medals are reset.
- Current Tours mode moved to “Crew Tours.”
- World Collide – Crash Bandicoot Create-a-Skater Items Now Available
- Added new Create-a-Skater items centered around Crash, Coco, and Quantum masks.
- One new board
- Several new shirts and hats
- The Birdman Pack – Support the Skatepark Project with Classic and New Decks
- Added 10 new decks created in collaboration with The Skatepark Project.
- Five decks that are new to the franchise.
- Mixture of Birdhouse and Powell-Peralta decks along with one specifically created for The Skatepark Project.
- Only available for a limited time.
- Fan-Created Decks Round Out New Create-a-Skater Content
- Added three fan-created decks designed by contest winners.
- Challenge and Tuning Updates
- Added over 100 new Challenges across 10 new Challenge Sets
- New Challenges throughout Solo Tours, Multiplayer, Classic Park, Create-a-Park, and more.
- Jams and Competitive Multiplayer modes will now better randomize Parks and Scores.
While the update is providing many joy-joy feelings, some players are reporting that on PS4 at least, the online connection for multiplayer isn’t working. This could be a temporary issue as the update rolls out across the world, so if you’re not able to play THPS 1+2 online right now, try again in a few hours and it’ll most likely work. If not… bugger.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)