Vicarious Visions has released a brand new update today for THPS 1+2, bringing the much-requested Solo Tours to the game, as well as many other new additions, tweaks, and fixes.
A big complaint that many had around the game’s release was that once you finished the game’s levels, you were not able to re-do the challenge with a different skater. It was a glaring oversight, perhaps to push people to play online instead, but it has since been rectified with this new update.
THPS 1+2 PS4 Update 1.09 Patch Notes
- Shred with Each Skater in Solo Tours
- You can now replay Tours with individual skaters.
- Goals and Medals are reset.
- Current Tours mode moved to “Crew Tours.”
- World Collide – Crash Bandicoot Create-a-Skater Items Now Available
- Added new Create-a-Skater items centered around Crash, Coco, and Quantum masks.
- One new board
- Several new shirts and hats
- The Birdman Pack – Support the Skatepark Project with Classic and New Decks
- Added 10 new decks created in collaboration with The Skatepark Project.
- Five decks that are new to the franchise.
- Mixture of Birdhouse and Powell-Peralta decks along with one specifically created for The Skatepark Project.
- Only available for a limited time.
- Fan-Created Decks Round Out New Create-a-Skater Content
- Added three fan-created decks designed by contest winners.
- Challenge and Tuning Updates
- Added over 100 new Challenges across 10 new Challenge Sets
- New Challenges throughout Solo Tours, Multiplayer, Classic Park, Create-a-Park, and more.
- Jams and Competitive Multiplayer modes will now better randomize Parks and Scores.
While the update is providing many joy-joy feelings, some players are reporting that on PS4 at least, the online connection for multiplayer isn’t working. This could be a temporary issue as the update rolls out across the world, so if you’re not able to play THPS 1+2 online right now, try again in a few hours and it’ll most likely work. If not… bugger.