Modus Games and Frozenbyte have announced today that Trine 4 will be releasing later this year on PS4, though it’s not the only Trine goodness that players will be able to get their hands on.
There’s no release date as of yet, just a vague Fall 2019 window, but there’s good reason to be excited. Trine 4 will release alongside Trine: Ultimate Collection. The Ultimate Collection is the first three Trine games as well as Trine 4. Very nifty for those who’ve missed out on the previous games.
Trine 4 and the Trine: Ultimate Collection will release digitally as well as being available at retail. So if you’re looking to keep a hold of your games in the future once Skynet takes over and wipes out the PSN (it wouldn’t take long…) maybe the physical editions will be for you.
Trine 4 will cost $29.99/€29.99, while Trine: Ultimate Collection will set you back $49.99/€49.99. Not bad for four games.
The latest installment in the Trine series will be going back to the franchise’s roots, namely, 2.5D platforming. Trine 3 deviated into 3D levels and it wasn’t well received. Frozenbyte has taken note and made sure to keep the fans happy in the new game.
Down below you’ll find some information about the game’s release as well as what’s included in the various editions. Up top you’ll find a dazzling new trailer. Enjoy!
– Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
– Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
– Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
– Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
– Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
– Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
– Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail will include:
- Trine 1-4
- Trine Series Original Soundtrack (download code)
- Trine 4 Digital Art Book (download code)
- Collector’s Reversible Cover Sheet
- Physical Trine 4 World Map
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
- Physical Trine 4 World Map
- Pre-order Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince or Trine: Ultimate Collection at select retailers today to get a Trine 4 Cloth Poster and bonus in-game content.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)