Outright Games has announced today, along with Universal Games, Digital Platforms, and Bandai Namco, that Dreamworks Trollhunters: Defenders of Arcadia will be releasing on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch this September 25th, 2020.
The game is based on the hit Netflix TV series, and will feature many of the original voice actors from the show, reprising their roles in the video game.
“DreamWorks Trollhunters Defender of Arcadia will take players on an intriguing and authentic new adventure that showcases the series’ key pillars of friendship, loyalty and fantasy,” said Jim Molinets, SVP of Production, Universal Games and Digital Platforms. “Expanding on the bold and creative story that has delighted fans for years, the game brings to life the vivid world of Arcadia Oaks in fun and surprising ways.”
“We are immensely honoured to be involved with the franchise in such an integral way,” said Terry Malham, CEO of Outright Games. “The Tales of Arcadia trilogy is a stand out in the world of streaming content, from the incredible talent involved to the breadth of content in the series. To have our game be a part of this and to work with a developer as renowned as Wayforward to bring it all together is a dream come true for us.”
· All-Star Voice Talent – Featuring all-new content recorded for the game from the stars of the Netflix series including:
○ Emile Hirsch as Jim Lake Jr.
○ David Bradley as Merlin
○ Charlie Saxton as Toby
○ Lexi Medrano as Claire
· An original story – Jump into the world of Trollhunters as Jim Lake Jr. and prepare to stop the Time-pocalypse
· Encounter familiar faces – Journey through unique worlds as favorite characters from the hit series
· Become the hero of Arcadia – Level up armor and abilities to become more powerful than ever, and get a helping hand from beloved characters in local co-op mode