Total Mayhem Games has announced today that it will be releasing its successful co-op puzzle series, We Were Here, on PS4 in the near future, though no specific date has been given at this time.
The announcement comes with a trailer showing off the puzzling gameplay, as well as a selection of screenshots which you can see down below.
The We Were Here series consists of three games; We Were Here, We Were Here Too, and We Were Here Together, and they’ll be available as a bundle on PS4, or to buy separately. Might as well just get the bundle though, right?
Managing director at Total Mayhem Games, Lucia de Visser, said: “We’re excited to announce that four million players have enjoyed the We Were Here Series, and now the PlayStation®4 community gets to join the fun!”
Cooperative puzzle-solving through communication and observation is the keystone of the We Were HereSeries. You will have to talk to and work together with your partner to progress-even more so when you find yourselves trapped inside the sinister Castle Rock and split up.
Each player has to explore different areas, and every puzzle requires teamwork to solve. Asymmetric puzzles give each partner different information, and challenge players to talk to each other and figure out exactly what information they have and how it might lead to a solution. You and your partner have nothing but your wits, a walkie-talkie each, and whatever you can find on your way.
The features of the We Were Here Series include:
- Two-player cooperative online adventure – featuring in-game walkie-talkies
- Overcome challenging puzzles through communication and cooperation
- Atmospheric thriller setting that will keep you on the edge of your seat
- Explore intriguing frozen environments – search for clues in the dark halls of the sinister Castle Rock and the icy wastes of Antarctica
- Inspired by games such as: Myst, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and real-life escape rooms