Expand to survive, right?
Saber Interactive has released a brand new trailer for the upcoming World War Z: Aftermath which is due to release on September 21st, 2021.
The new zombie shooter’s trailer is a pre-order reel, showing off what you’ll be getting for your cash – and it’s not a bad deal, I’ve got to say.
Pre-orders open on August 26th and the game will run you $39.99 for the base game and the Aftermath add-on. If you already own the game, you’ll get the Aftermath expansion for just $19.99. Then there’s the Deluxe Edition which comes with two onus melee weapons and a weapons skin pack, and this will set you back $49.99.
What you get is a set of new levels, a new melee combat system, as well as a brand new first-person mode. On next-gen consoles, the game will run better out of the gate with higher frame rates and resolutions, though there will be a native PS5 and Xbox Series X|S version early next year.
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- New Ways to Fight: Decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer, and experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard class, armed with an electrified shield that can plow through the horde with devastating efficiency. Customize your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including the Epic Games Store and Steam.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.