Saber Interactive and Focus Home Interactive have released a brand new World War Z trailer today to show off the game’s multiplayer modes. These aren’t your regular multiplayer PVP modes though, as the ever-looming threat of brain-eating zombies will play a big part in how online battles play out as players will have to battle each other as well as the sprinting zombie hordes.
World War Z will feature the following six online modes at launch:
- Scavenge Raid: Players race to secure resources across the map to win.
- Vaccine Hunt: Players must pick up and hold an object to earn point for the team.
- Team Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end.
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory.
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points.
- Scavenge Raid: Players must race to secure resources across the map to win.
World War Z is due to release sometime this year on PS4, Xbox One and PC. At the time of writing there isn’t an official release date. However, the game was recently rated by the Australian Classification Board for release, so we may be slaying zombies sooner rather than later.
Interestingly, this isn’t the only game coming out this year that will feature massive hordes of zombies. Sony’s very own Days Gone is set to release in April as a PS4 exclusive. It’d certainly be interesting if they shared a similar release window.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)